Here are our win predictions for UFC 231: Holloway vs Ortega. These are just straight win predictions that do not take into account betting odds. We might think someone has a 60% chance of winning, but they’re -400. That would be a terrible bet. That is not factored in here. Do not use this as a betting guide. Predicted winners in bold.
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10:00 PM EST)
- Max Holloway vs. Brian Ortega – Holloway won by Doctors Stoppage between the 4th and 5th Rounds.
- Valentina Shevchenko vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk – Shevchenko won by Unanimous Decision.
- Gunnar Nelson vs. Alex Oliveira – Nelson won by Submission in the 2nd Round.
- Kyle Bochniak vs. Hakeem Dawodu – Dawodu won by Split Decision. Even though it was clearly 30-27 Dawodu.
- Jimi Manuwa vs. Thiago Santos – Santos won by KO in the 2nd Round.
PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, 8:00 PM EST)
- Nina Ansaroff vs. Claudia Gadelha – Ansaroff won by Unanimous Decision.
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Gilbert Burns – Burns won by Unanimous Decision.
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jessica Eye – Eye won by Split Decision.
- Eryk Anders vs. Elias Theodorou – Theodorou won by Split Decision.
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:00 PM EST)
- Brad Katona vs. Matthew Lopez – Katona won by Unanimous Decision.
- Chad Laprise vs. Dhiego Lima – Lima won by KO in the 1st Round.
- Diego Ferreira vs. Kyle Nelson – Ferreira won by TKO in the 2nd Round.
- Devin Clark vs. Aleksandar Rakic – Rakic won by TKO in the 1st Round.
Total – 8/13 = 61.54%