Here are our win predictions for UFC 232: Jones vs Gustafsson. These are just straight win predictions that do not take into account betting odds. We might think someone has a 60% chance of winning, but they’re -400. That would be a terrible bet. That is not factored in here. Do not use this as a betting guide. Predicted winners in bold.
*A Word on the main event: It is overwhelmingly likely that Jon Jones has been on steroids nearly every day for at least the last five years. The UFC sanctioning this fight clearly means they needs him to win at all costs. He will be allowed to poke eyes. He will be allowed to throw low blows. He will be allowed to grab the cage and Gus’ gear. If the fight goes to the judges he will steal a unanimous decision. If he lands more than a few strikes in a row the ref will stop the fight. With all that said Jones is a real sack of garbage and we will hope against hope that he loses, however unlikely.
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10:00 PM EST)
- Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson – Jones won by TKO in the 3rd Round. The UFC called this a Knockout because they are insane. Jones resorted to a low blow in the first minute. Jones’ poked Gus’ eye 2:30 into the first round, all of the commentators described it as a “beautiful elbow”.
- Cris Cyborg vs. Amanda Nunes – Nunes won by KO in the 1st Round.
- Michael Chiesa vs. Carlos Condit – Chiesa won by Submission in the 2nd Round.
- Corey Anderson vs. Ilir Latifi – Anderson won by Unanimous Decision.
- Chad Mendes vs. Alex Volkanovski – Volkanovski won by TKO in the 2nd round.
PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, 8:00 PM EST)
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Walt Harris – Harris won by Split Decision.
- Megan Anderson vs. Cat Zingano – Anderson won by TKO in the 1st Round.
- Douglas Silva de Andrade vs. Petr Yan – Yan won by TKO after the 2nd Round. Corner retirement.
- Ryan Hall vs. B.J. Penn – Hall won by Submission in the 1st Round.
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:15 PM EST)
- Andre Ewell vs. Nathaniel Wood – Wood won by Submission in the 3rd Round.
- Uriah Hall vs. Bevon Lewis – Hall won by KO in the 3rd Round.
- Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Curtis Millender – Millender won by Unanimous Decision.
- Montel Jackson vs. Brian Kelleher – Jackson won by Submission in the 1st Round.
Total 6/12 = 50%